Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

It’s a dream launch for any newcomer. But even before South Indian star Rana Daggubati makes his Bollywood debut with Dum Maaro Dum (DMD), he is making headlines for an alleged link-up with co-star Bipasha Basu. And some intimate scenes that the two actors have shot for the film are only fueling those rumours.

Rana, however, plays down the hysteria. “We have shot the steamy scenes like professionals,” says the actor, who plays a Goan DJ called Joki in Rohan Sippy’s project. “And ours is the only love story in DMD. Plus, such scenes show the emotional graph of our characters in the film. All of it is just a part of storytelling and nothing else.”

Of the many reports that linked Rana to Bipasha, one went to the length of attributing his break-up with actor Shriya Saran, to the on-screen couples’ off-screen chemistry. And that did not amuse Rana.

“All stories about Bipasha and me are baseless. I don’t know where they came from. Being a senior and a fantastic actor, I respect her a lot,” he says, in an attempt to clear the air.

As for his relationship with Shriya, he adds, “We have been very good friends. Not many know that I worked as a line producer before debuting as an actor. And Shriya first acted in a film I was part of. She is a dear friend.”

When asked what made him avoid Bipasha at a media interaction and why they both choose to give interviews at separate venues, Rana began to get worked up. “I fail to understand how actors’ personal lives make stories when they promote their films,” he agitates. “She helped me pull off my role and took care of my comfort during the shoots. That’s all.”

But beyond the entire buzz, DMD continues to be a special release for Nagarjuna’s nephew. “I couldn’t have played a role like Joki’s in Telugu movies. Hindi films open a new vista for an actor,” says he, adding that the level of experimentation in regional cinema is much more limited.

0 comments

Post a Comment