Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Though her Telugu debut 'Josh' with Naga Chaitanya did not create waves in the box-office, star kid Karthika (daughter of 80s actor Raadha) is very happy with the way her Tamil debut 'Ko' with Jiiva and Malayalam debut 'Makara Manju' with Santhosh Sivan has shaped up.

Getting accolades for her performance in the recently released Tamil film 'Ko', the actor seems very excited. "My Tamil film just hit the screens, while my Malayalam film is set to release this week. Everyone's been asking if I'm nervous, but I am thrilled to have two releases. I've given my 100% and hoping for a great start," says the 18-year-old actor.

Talking about the roles she's playing in both the films, she says, "In 'Ko', I play the role of a reporter who works for a Tamil daily, while in 'Makara Manju', I am doing a dual role, where one of the characters is the celestial enchantress, Urvasi."

Karthika, who wanted to join her dad's business, says that acting came to her by chance. "Though my mom, Raadha and aunt Ambika were South Indian divas in the early '80s, I never thought I would get into film business this early. But luck had its way. I couldn't have asked for a better debut with KV Anand in Tamil," she says enthusiastically. On being compared with her mom constantly, she says, "I was initially tense, later accepted it and now I've learnt to ignore it. I am here to prove myself and it's totally unfair to compare me with a legendary actor like my mom."

Probe her about what her mother has to say on her acting skills, she quips, "My mom has always taught how not to act, rather than giving acting tips. After seeing the rushes of 'Ko', she was proud of me and rather jealous, about the kind of debut that I was offered. I am lucky to have her has my mentor."

0 comments

Post a Comment