Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Those who see Madhushalini for the first time, will definitely take a second look at her. First, for her good looks and second, because she resembles a few other actresses in tinsel town.

"A lot of people have told me that I look like Heera because of my high cheekbones. Earlier, when I used to be skinny, people used to mistake me for Sonali Bendre. I don't know when people will identify me as Madhushalini," giggles the chirpy lady from the City of Pearls.

And what's keeping this Telugu ammayi on top of the world now is the fact that she is dubbing for Avan Ivan. "I have picked up Tamil and have put my newly-learnt skill to good use in the film. I play a college student who happens to be Arya's love interest. And let me tell you, though my look in the film can be classified as simple, it isn't deglamourised," clarifies the actress.

Madhushalini is extremely delighted at having grabbed this film, that too, so early in her career. "I have always aspired to work with Bala sir and when I got the offer, it was nothing short of a dream come true. Initially, I didn't know when my part would come as I had to wait for quite a while before my portions were shot. It was a long wait but it was definitely worth it."


Having been part of the Avan Ivan camp for almost a year now, Madhu adds that she was extremely comfortable throughout the shoot. But isn't director Bala a tough taskmaster, we ask, and she shrugs off nonchalantly. "In fact, he is quite a prankster. He was the one who was pulling off the maximum pranks on the sets, to the extent, that I was left in tears. Only when his assistant convinced me that it was just a prank did I realise that he was pulling my leg. Nevertheless, he is a serious filmmaker who is very sure of what he wants."

Though Madhushalini had to share screen space with Janani Iyer in the film, she has absolutely no qualms about it. "She was quite helpful throughout the shoot. She is a Tamil girl and helped me with my lines during the shoot. She was very co-operative on the sets and we had a great time together. As for Arya, he has prior experience of working with Bala sir in Naan Kadavul and hence, we would call him 'senior' on the sets. Since Bala sir's films are always out-of-the-box, we had to put in a lot of effort for this movie. And trust me, the boys — Vishal and Arya — had to push the envelope for their respective characters."

Now that the actress has done a film with the veteran director, she is in no hurry to sign new films. "I do not want to do a film for the heck of it. I want to experiment and do characters that will stand out," concludes the actress.

0 comments

Post a Comment