Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Actor Priyanka Chopra, whose TV debut last year with Khatron Ke Khiladi (KKK) Season Three was among the most talked about entries on the small screen, has no time for the medium this year, as of now. Replacing her as host is Akshay Kumar, who had hosted the first two seasons of the reality show.

Priyanka says, “I have five films on hand, out of which I’ve started two (Agneepath and Barfee), wrapped up one (Don 2) and there are two more to go (Krrish 2 and Janam Janam Ka Saath Hai Hamara Tumhara), at least,” she says. “I don’t know how I will make time for anything else now. I can’t even think of a holiday in between because the schedules are very tight.”

Reportedly, the former Miss World is among the top contenders to host India’s Next Top Model, adapted from supermodel Tyra Banks’s show America’s Next Top Model, to be produced by BIG CBS Love. Without confirming or denying the news, Priyanka says, “It’s considered unprofessional to drop names of projects that you’re either in talks for or you’ve turned down. So, I’m not taking names, but yes, after KKK Season Three, I’ve been getting loads of different offers for TV. A couple of them were really interesting concepts too.”

The only reason the actor isn’t taking on any show, as of now, is her choc-a-bloc diary. “Only I know how my staff and I managed the shoot for Khatron Ke Khiladi, miles away in Brazil, last year. There was so much left to do here - promotions, photo shoots, ad film shoots, the works,” she recalls. “Credit should also go the teams from Endemol (production house helming the show) and Colors. They worked their schedule according to my dates. Usually, their show is shot well before it goes on air. Here, we were still in Brazil when the show went on air. If something like that happens this year, and a film shoot gets rescheduled, maybe I’ll consider a show.”

Commenting on Akshay being back on KKK Season Four, she says. “He’s India’s answer to anything stunt-oriented. I watched him carefully on the show’s first two seasons while preparing for my stint. He knows how to motivate his contestants and convince them that there is nothing to be afraid of. When we did Aitraaz and Andaaz together, I was scared of so many things. He encouraged me to give my best shot to everything. Today, I wish him all the best.”

Anchor act
* In 2010, Priyanka Chopra replaced Akshay Kumar as the host of Khatron Ke Khiladi Season Three.
* The show, shot in Brazil, was supposed to be part of the IPL-special programming on Colors with cricketers as contestants.
* Later, Indian celebrities took over. The show opened with a TRP of 5.5 in September but couldn’t sustain the momentum till the end.

0 comments

Post a Comment