Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Kollywood is all set to have another Padukone making their debut in the coming months.

One is Bollywood bombshell Deepika Padukone, who will be romancing Superstar Rajinikanth in K S Ravikumar's forthcoming Rana. And the other is Sanchita Padukone, who is awaiting the release of her first Tamil film, Pillayar Theru Kadaisi Veedu (PTKV).

And rumour mills are already working overtime, churning out reports that the two are sisters. So, are the two actresses related?
"No", says Sanchita, "I'm not related to Deepika Paduone. Both of us hail from the same place, Padukone, near Kundapura in Mangalore. Our similarities start and end there. Several magazines and websites have reported that I'm her first cousin. But it's not true. I haven't even met Deepika in person."
But Sanchita admits she's a huge fan of the actress. "I loved her in Om Shanti Om. I also liked her in Love Aaj Kal and Break Ke Baad. She's a fine actress and the fact that we are from the same place makes me happy," she says.

Sanchita started her career with the Kannada film, Raavana opposite Yogish. "It's a remake of Kadhal Kondein and was released a year ago. I saw the Tamil version of the film almost 15 times. Dhanush was mind-blowing in it," she says.

Now, Sanchita has signed two movies in Tamil. "The first one is PTKV with Jitthan Ramesh. And the other one is titled Chithiram, with director Sami," she informs.

Talking about her debut film, Sanchita says, "I play a homely girl who completely believes in family sentiments. When I started shooting for the film, grasping the language was a little difficult. So, I made it a point to talk to the cast and crew only in Tamil. Also, Ramesh was a supportive co-star and helped me with the dialogues. He's a hard-working guy and has a good sense of humour."

In her second film, Sanchita plays a talkative character. "I'm lucky to have got the opportunity to work with Sami in the early stage of my career. Those with whom he has worked have reached great heights. When he narrated the story, I was happy that my character has been given a lot of importance. Chithiram is a family drama, free of controversies. I hope I get my lucky break with these two films," she signs off.

0 comments

Post a Comment