Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

After working in two light hearted affairs Aladin, Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai and an item number (Dhanno), Jacqueline Fernandez is now stepping onto the darker side with 'Murder 2'.

Working with the Bhatts for the first time in the sequel to the 2004 film, Fernandez has steered clear from being her bubbly best.

"There is lot of evil and darkness and Murder 2. Compared to what Anurag (Basu) did in Murder, this one is a very dark film. It is basically Mohit Suri's take on how a subject like murder should be told on screen. The film has a lot to do with the underworld in a Goan setting." said the actress.

In Murder 2, Emraan Hashmi plays a serial killer. Though one waits to see whether the 'serial kisser' element is explored in the film or not, Fernandez admitted that it took her some time before she could adjust to her co-star's ways.

"When you meet him first, he comes across as a lot quieter than what you would imagine. In films he looks like someone who is quite casual with a gift of the gab. However, in real life, he doesn't interact much.

"This left me wondering how both of would us manage to work with each other as I talk so much. I was like 'Oh my God, would I have to keep my mouth shut for most of the times on sets'," she said.

Fortunately for the 26-year-old actress, a photo shoot was held for the two before the film went on floors. This broke the ice between the two and though they didn't quite become thick friends after that, it became a comfortable professional relationship.

"Emraan has an extremely good sense of humour and makes you laugh in the most tense moments. In fact I was amazed at the manner he was kept his cool and was so chilled out even in adverse situations," said Fernandez.

But the Sri Lankan beauty herself didn't have a relaxed time this past year when she didn't have a single release to her name after both Aladin and Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai tanked at the box office.

"The waiting period was possibly the most difficult time for me. This feeling is the same for everyone in the industry who is trying to make it big but for me it was a tad more difficult since I am pretty much on my own with no connections whatsoever," said Jacqueline.

Things reached to such a point for her that she had even contemplated quitting the industry.

"I did get to a point where I felt that perhaps Bollywood scene wasn't really there for me. I thought of moving out of this all and step into something altogether different. However, it was my friend circle that stayed on to be my support system. They encouraged me to hang on and said that it was just a matter of time. Glad I listened to them."

0 comments

Post a Comment