Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Rosario Dawson graces the cover of Shape magazine's August 2011 issue looking as lovely as ever.

Although Rosario has a rocking body herself, the actress discusses in the interview how she hates society's views regarding women's bodies, claiming that it's a form of violence. She also believes women are under too much pressure to lose weight and for no reason other than it's what society expects.

Dawson remembers receiving compliments when she lost weight for her role in Rent, the 2005 Broadway musical turned movie, recalling, "I remember everyone asking when I was doing press for the movie, 'What did you do to look so thin? You looked great' and I'm like, 'I looked emaciated'... It's a form of violence, in the way that we look at women and how we expect them to look and be."

We have to agree with her - only in today's society would an actress be complimented for looking so great while playing the role of an HIV-positive, drug addict near death. It's scary.

Dawson doesn't want young girls to get the wrong impression of the human body and what it should look like.

The actress claims, "I'm constantly telling girls all the time, 'Everything's airbrushed, everything's retouched. None of us look like that."

"I'm grateful to be on the cover of Shape and be able to show myself, my normal self."

It's refreshing to know that there are some celebs who aren't all about being fake and trying to convince the world that they're perfect because who could live up to those kinds of standards? Hollywood stars are teens' main source for heroes and idols, something that I think most celebs tend to forget about, so it's nice to know Rosario is a cut above the rest.



0 comments

Post a Comment