Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal are hugely popular Hollywood actors and siblings who don't get to spend much time together. So when they had the opportunity to meet up at their father's wedding, they were determined to spend as much time as possible together.

In a recent interview, Jake said it was his sister's love of acting and musical theatre that first inspired him to get into the industry.

He said: 'Some of my earliest memories are of my sister coming back from doing a rehearsal for some musical during elementary school.

'I would watch her, and I realized that she was getting attention that way. I joined her and we would put on shows together and she would always boss me around.

'She would put on a stage performance of Cats, and I would be a lone, poor cat sitting in the corner while my sister performed. I never got to be the star. I did everything wrong according to her.'

But Jake said recently he has no desire to collaborate with Maggie on a film project any time soon, after they appeared together in Donnie Darko in 2001.

He said: 'I love her a lot, but we don't go around looking for something to work on together.

'I would rather spend time with my niece and spend time like brothers do with sisters.

'It would take something that I love so much, that I would need her to be a part of, and vice versa.'

Jake and Maggie took a back seat earlier this week as they attended the wedding of their father Stephen to filmmaker and professor Kathleen Man.

0 comments

Post a Comment