Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Karthika, the Ko girl, who is currently shooting in Hyderabad with Junior NTR and Trisha for 'Dhammu' sure knows how to choose her films.

Karthika is pursuing her Bachelors degree in Business from the London School of Economics.

The star kid is actually interested in the hotel business. She says, “I have not had much exposure to films as I was growing up in Mumbai.

My dad runs his hotel business. I wanted to study hotel management and join my dad’s business. Working in the hotel industry is still a dream of mine. I will work hard to make it big in the hotel industry as well.”

Karthika says that she has no intentions to get into films. Explainng how films just kind of happened to her she says, “Getting into films was never my ambition in life even though my mum is a renowned actress.

I studied Bharatnatyam for 10 years of my own interest. Films just came by. So far as films are concerned I don’t know much about acting.

My mother advised me not to study acting and to leave acting up to the directors, they would mould me. If I had studied acting it would have been tough for the directors to sculpt me into their characters.

I have worked with wonderful directors like K.V. Anand and Lenin. I am just a raw clay. They draw great work out of me.”

Karthika’s mother, veteran actress Radha, assists her with all her shoots. She is her mentor. Speaking about her rapport with her mom, she says, “Mum assists me in all my shoots but she never interferes with anything on the sets. She always wanted me to be a director’s artiste. She guides me and she is everything to me so far as films are concerned.”

Karthika shares her screen space with Trisha. Talking about working with her she says, “I adore Trisha. She is very cute, friendly and down to earth. We shot for a few days and it was lovely working with her,” and added "I'm excited about being paired with Junior NTR. He is such a talented star and has great regard for my mother. I have some good times on the sets.”

Karthika’s fans are eagerly awaiting her next Tamil film especially after the mega hit Ko. Talking about her Tamil films, she says,”After Ko I would have done a dozen films in Tamil as offers poured in. I am actually waiting for a great script like Ko. I will be working with Bharathiraja sir and the next film will be announced soon."

Asked if Mani Ratnam has approached her for his next flick, she says, “My sister has been approached for it as the script demanded a little girl for the role.”

Karthika was supposed to have acted in Ko with Simbu before Jiiva committed to the project. Trashing reports that she has been approached to work with Simbu for Vetrimaran’s project, She says, “I may work with Simbu in the future, but I have not been approached for Vetrimaran’s flick.”

Karthika, the young girl from Mumbai, is working hard to live up to her mum’s expectations. She says, “I will make my mark in films and live up to my mom’s reputation.”

0 comments

Post a Comment