Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Actress Chitrangda Singh doesn’t believe in mincing words, whether it’s talk about her professional life or personal one.

“To be honest, I’d prefer if people talk about my work, rather than my personal life, but it’s a catch-22 situation for actors, I feel. We’re damned if we do talk and damned if we don’t,” says the actor, who has been facing a barrage of rumours revolving around her personal life, ever since her debut in B-wood.

“I’m a rather private person, happy to return home to my family than party and ‘be seen’, so I don’t know where these rumours (of an alleged link-up and problems on the home front) crop up from. But I’m trying to not let them affect me and concentrate on my work instead,” she says referring to her film kitty that’s bulking up with some interesting ones including Desi Boyz, Shristi Arya’s next, Krishh 2, Prakash Jha’s next with Arjun Rampal, Sudhir Mishra’s next and there’re also talks of her signing Race 2.

Her natural progression into mainstream cinema is hard to miss, even though the actor admits that it’s taken her a while to find a foothold in mainstream Bollywood. That, despite earning praise for her off-beat cinema. But Chitrangda feels that she’d rather be slow and steady than live in the fast lane and falter.

“I’m in no rush to prove anything and happy to take things at my own pace. But yes, I’m glad that the pace is picking up,” she smiles. But more than working in mainstream films, the attraction, explains Singh, is in doing a variety of roles and not getting typecast in a particular image of being an offbeat film heroine. “I’m happy to explore and play characters across board,” she adds.

So, does she regret not making a debut with a mainstream flick then? “Not at all. I have no regrets. I don’t think any other film would have earned me the kind of respect or recognition as an actor as Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi did. I don’t regret doing any of the other films that I did post HKA too, whether it worked at the box-office or not,” she explains.

Singh’s also unperturbed about her marital status and feels that it makes no difference to her professional life. Though she does agree that married women have far more responsibilities to consider, they are just as professional, she says. “Married actresses here have proven that they are just as viable, as actors, as the unmarried ones, so why should the marital status make any difference,” she quips. “After all, we can have the best of both the worlds too,” she signs off.

0 comments

Post a Comment