Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Giselli Monteiro, a Brazilian model who came to India to try her luck with assignments, never had acting on her agenda. She had come to Mumbai for a modeling assignment and landed up auditioning for the film Love Aaj Kal.

“Acting is something I never thought I’d end up doing. I auditioned thinking that I was wanted in the capacity of a model. Back then, I didn’t even know how big filmmaker Imtiaz Ali and actor Saif Ali Khan were in Bollywood. But I got chosen and since then I’ve just taken life as it comes. I don’t know if I am doing good work or bad work, all I know is I enjoy what I do. It’s exciting!”

After playing the demure, salwar-clad girl in Love Aaj Kal, she’ll now be seen in a modern avatar in her second film. “She is an average Indian girl, who dresses up like any otherteenager,” says the actor, who adds that she has no issues with skin show provided they are done aesthetically.

“I am extremely comfortable with my body as I have been a model. Besides,I don’t have too many reservations because as an actor you are playing someone else. I will do whatever my job demands of me.”

It’s been three years since Monteiro shifted base to Mumbai. “I like it here. I have been fortunate and lucky to have moved from a Saif Ali Khan to a Shah Rukh Khan home production. But I miss being home. The last time I went to Brazil was in December, but strangely when I go there, I miss Mumbai. Now Mumbai is my first home and Brazil, my second,” she says. “I miss my entire family a lot, but my boyfriend Marcos is here in Mumbai. He works here as well, but his only connection to films is me,” adds the Latina.

0 comments

Post a Comment