Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

When you hail from a family that has a pool of talent, you are undoubtedly expected to excel. But all these tags don’t really affect the multi-faceted Shruti Hassan, as the pretty lass oozes confidence when she speaks.

Shruti Hassan, who is all set to have a big launch in Tamil with 7aam Arivu, says that she is more excited than nervous about her launch.

The film, directed by A R Murugadoss, has Suriya, Shruti Hassan and Abhinaya in lead roles and is all set to release this Diwali.

“More than being nervous, I am excited about the release. The only thought that was in my mind before signing a Tamil film, was to begin with a good project. And the script of 7aam Arivu had just that. I am in good hands, so there is no question of nervousness,” says Shruti.

Talking about the role she plays in the film, she says, “I play a young scientist in the film and to have essayed such a powerful role at an early stage is truly amazing. I play the link between the protagonist’s characters, and the shades of my role are incredible.”

The fact that she has been part of a movie by a big director like A R Murugadoss, and has shared screen space with Suriya, has created a lot of curiosity. “They were clear about their ideas and the entire shoot was well-planned. To work with big stars like Suriya and Murugadoss was a great learning experience for me. Every day was a new day for me,” says Shruti.

The actor, who is currently shooting for 3 with Dhanush and Gabbar Singh with Pavan Kalyan, is thrilled about experimenting with varied roles. She says, “The role I play in 3 is by far the most challenging role that I have played. The character is emotionally very strong, and to essay that was quite a task.” Probe her about working with Aishwarya Dhanush, she says, “Though I know Aishwarya for a long time, I only share a professional equation with her. It’s the first time I am working with a female director and their perspectives are rather interesting. It’s a young crew, so there is a lot of energy in the sets.”

With Gabbar Singh being a remake of a Bollywood blockbuster Dabangg, does the thought of comparisons really bother her? “I was born with comparisons and they don’t really bother me. I let my work speak for me and being part of good films is my only concern. I am lucky to have received powerful roles and am looking forward to playing more such challenging roles in the future. This is my benchmark,” signs off Shruti.

0 comments

Post a Comment