Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

The movie Game may not have worked wonders for Abhishek Bachchan, but it definitely got one debutant noticed - model-turned-actor Sarah-Jane Dias.

Sarah, who recently signed on the dotted line for Ekta Kapoor's sequel to Kya Kool Hai Hum, says she had been yearning to put her comic chops to test right after her debut. "I am more excited than nervous. I have always wanted to do a light-hearted romcom. Audiences haven't seen this side to me as yet," she says.

The decision to take up this film happened immediately after the script narration. "I was impressed when director Sachin Yardi narrated the role. At that time, I had to choose between a sci-fi film and this comedy and I chose this. I am young and wanted to try a different genre. But having said that, if I had received an offer for anything more dramatic, I would have definitely gone for that," says Sarah.

While things are going well work-wise, the 28-year-old actor agrees that the industry is becoming more competitive by the day. "There are new girls coming in every day, but it's not a threat at all. I am very glad that the industry is warming up to newbies. It was a challenge for me, especially because I don't have a filmi background. I feel blessed that Bollywood has accepted me and given me the best of opportunities."

Sarah, a one film old actor in Bollywood is making waves also in Tollywood with her much-awaited Panjaa alongside Tollywood Power Star Pawan Kalyan and is in awe of her co-star. "He is a great person. He has travelled a lot and seen the world, is well read and not pompous at all. I knew that he was a big star even before we began shooting," says Sarah, who will be seen in a non-glamourous avatar in the film.

But wasn't it tough talking in Telugu?

"I did have a feeling of being incomplete in that area, but director Vishnuvardhan put me at complete ease and spoke to me in the language I understand. He made me go over the lines till it felt like I was talking in my own language," says Sarah.

Meanwhile, it's not just her film career that's creating a buzz at the moment. Quiz her about her link-up with cricketer Virat Kohli and she brushes it aside with a categorical "no comments". "I have worked on four films in two years, that leaves little time for anything else. I am single and I am simply loving it," claims Sarah.

0 comments

Post a Comment