Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Politics has been a natural progression for many actors, but 26-year-old Chirag Paswan has already planned his political journey.

However, as of now, the starry light-eyed youngster and son of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Vilas Paswan is all set for his tryst with the glamour world. He'll debut opposite Kangna Ranaut in "Miley Naa Miley Hum", which hits theatres on November 4.

His love for showbiz began early in life, he says. After watching a movie, he'd lock himself in the bathroom and stand in front of a mirror for hours, enacting scenes from the film. "I idolize Amitabh Bachchan, I cannot look beyond him. I would walk around shirtless after watching Salman's films and start stuttering after watching Shah Rukh's films," laughs Chirag.

"Miley Naa Miley Hum" is a romantic film, but has a serious message, says the debutant. "It talks about kids without a conventional family and their emotional journey," he says. The film also stars Neeru Singh Bajwa and Sagarika Ghatge. "I've got to romance three girls in my first film, I couldn't have asked for more," he winks. And any romance in real life? "Off-screen, my life is pretty boring. I'm not dating; I'm still single," he sighs.

That brings us to his link-up with his leading lady during the making of the film. "Kangna and I are good friends but I realize 'good friends' is a different terminology in the film industry. We were laughing when our link-up stories appeared. I'm a shy person, I am not comfortable talking about link-ups, affairs or my personal life, but I know people succumb to it and eventually I too will love gossip. The day they stop writing about us there will be a problem... so good or bad, let them write," says Chirag, laughing.

Since he has a political background, connecting with the masses comes easy to him, he says. "That's one common thread between politics and cinema. I'd accompany my father to all his election campaigns and rallies," says Chirag, who's made up his mind to get into politics eventually. "As of now, my priority is movies, but a few years down the line, I will contest the elections," he signs off.

0 comments

Post a Comment