Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Her transition from neurotic roles to romcoms has been smooth. Today, Kangna Ranaut is earning praise for her glamorous new avatar. The actor, who has been reticent about clearing the air over the staggering 5 crore that she is charging for Mile Na Mile Hum and her fallout with Sanjay Dutt, gives us her side of the story.

Is it true that Anjana Sukhani has replaced you in Ram Gopal Varma's Department?
I think that's a question for RGV.

Why did you choose to do Dedh Ishqiya with Abhishek Chaubey? Will it be easy stepping into Vidya Balan's shoes in the Ishqiya sequel?
I am excited about the film, but it's too early to talk about it right now. But I must say that the script is very strong and my character in the film is fantastic.

There are reports that you had a fallout with Sanjay Dutt, after walking out of the remake of Satte Pe Satta.
Not at all! Sanjay sir is a senior actor. I've done three films with him and hope to do more. Satte Pe Satta was never confirmed in the first place.

You are labelled as Katrina Kaif's competition in Bollywood? What's your take on that?
I think Katrina has done some very good work and so have I. But my choices in the industry have been very unusual, so I don't think that my body of work can be compared to anyone else's career.

In an age when item numbers help an actor gain instant popularity, why don't you want to do them?
Never say never! But yes, at present I'm certainly not drawn to item numbers.

Is it true that you charged 5 crore for Chirag Paswan's Mile Na Mile Hum?
I've asked for what I deserve and I have got it.

You are one of the few actors with a great comic timing - will we see more such roles from you, post Tanu weds Manu ?
I certainly hope so. TWM has been my favourite film so far, and with Double Dhamaal becoming a hit, I think audiences have started liking me in this comic avatar!

0 comments

Post a Comment