Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed


Zoa Morani’s cup of joy is brimming over. Not only has she fulfilled her dream of being an actress and bagged a launch vehicle produced by Shah Rukh Khan, but she has also succeeded at convincing her father Karim Morani, a renowned Bollywood producer, to come around to her choice of profession.

Though Karim Morani has produced umpteen successful Hindi films like Damini (1993), Raja Hindustani (1996) and Arjun (1985), he was still averse to the idea of his daughter being a Bollywood actress.

21-year-old Zoa, who is currently elated at being signed for a film co-produced by Shah Rukh Khan and the Moranis and directed by Roshan Abbas (anchor), recollects her struggle to get acceptance from her dad. She begins by informing us about her protective upbringing. Zoa said, “I belong to a very conservative family. So much so that even today I cannot go out for late nights, unless I am at a very close friend’s house. I am also expected to leave specific details of my outings with my friends like where I am and what time I will return home.”

Zoa had cherished the dream of being an actress since she was knee high, but of course no one took her seriously then. But when she disclosed her career choice to her family, especially her dad, it created ripples. She admits, “Initially, my dad was not too happy with my decision to be an actress.”


Zoa Morani
Though Zoa had to struggle to get things done her way and her determination was tested many times, she succeeded finally, thanks to her mother, Zahra, who was her pillar of strength. Zoa revealed, “My mother played a big role in convincing my dad that I should be allowed to realise my dream.”

To convince her dad, Zoa decided to get her message across in the most subtle manner possible. She said, “I became a very obedient child at home. I would follow his instruction to the T but was stuck on my demand to be an actress. Eventually, he saw through my firm determination and agreed that I should get behind the scenes to begin with. I became an assistant director to Rajkumar Santoshi for Halla Bol for a few days. Later, I was the last assistant director to Farah Khan for Om Shanti Om. Meanwhile, things started falling in place and my father not just allowed me to be an actress but is also co-producing my debut film.”

Once, Zoa got a green signal from her dad, she enrolled in Anupam Kher’s acting school to get her basics right. Thereafter she did a three months training with the famed theatre actor Barry John (who has tutored SRK). The once pleasantly plump Zoa is heavily into a workout regime where she practises yoga for one and a half hour religiously.

Now that the storm is behind her, what is her father’s advice to her? “My father had advised me to keep my head on my shoulders and be cautious of the company I keep. I will be consulting my father at every stage in my life. As regarding intimate scenes, I will not do anything that will upset or embarrass my parents.”

Zoa’s debut film is expected to hit the floors later this year.

0 comments

Post a Comment