Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed


















Vidya Balan, who has proved her acting prowess by working in offbeat films like ‘Paa’ and ‘Ishqiya’ is all set to play South Indian sex icon ‘Silk Smitha in Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Dirty Picture’. But Vinu Chakravarthy, a filmmaker from down South, who claims to have created the “phenomenon” of the sexy ‘Silk’ siren is of the opinion that Vidya will not befit the role. He was blunt enough to say that the talented actress has a sad face and her eyes lack sensuality.


Talking to a tabloid, Vinu said, “Vidya has a sad face and the main attractiveness of Smitha lay in her large, inviting eyes. This is missing in Vidya. Deepika or Aishwarya would be better.”
“It was I who created the phenomenon of Silk Smitha through my film ‘Vandi Chakram’ way back in 1980. I wrote the script in 1976 and chiseled the character ‘Silk’ for almost three years before we took off in 1979,” added the director.

Moreover, the filmmaker is peeved with producer Ekta Kapoor for not seeking permission from him to make the biopic.

“Smitha, aka Vijayalakshmi, assumed the name Silk subsequently, as her character in the movie became so popular. ‘Silk’ is my creation and anyone who makes a film on her should take permission from me,” said Vinu.

And Vinu has even expressed his concerns over the script. He would like to read it else he would approach the Censor Board to intervene.

“I want to go through the script or else I will raise an objection when they apply to the Censor Board. This is because it is my genuine concern that Silk Smitha should not be projected in a demeaning way. I would gladly work for free if they approached me, “added the director.

Ekta Kapoor, who is known to be extremely short tempered gave a piece of her mind to Vinu and said, “ Vinu is talking rubbish. To begin with, how can he cast aspersions on my casting? Vidya is such a fine actress. Has he seen how broad her range of emotion is on screen? And Vidya certainly doesn’t have a sad face.”

0 comments

Post a Comment