Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed


He couldn't have asked for more. An onscreen debut in a Gautham Menon film and that too, in the role of an assistant commissioner of police (ACP)!

Needless to say, actor Deva is thrilled beyond words. The actor, who was an assistant to Gautham Menon, has debuted with his Nadunisi Naaygal (NN).

"I worked with Gautham in Vaaranam Aayiram. I took a break when he started work on Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. One night, he called me to his place and narrated the script of NN. I had told him earlier that I'd like to try my hand at acting. So, I was surprised when he remembered that and asked me to do the role of the ACP," begins Deva.

"I was shocked when Gautham narrated the script to me. The story was blatant and at the same time, gripping. I was a little apprehensive about doing a cop's role because actors like Kamal Haasan and Suriya have played the role to perfection. But Gautham had full confidence in me and said he knew what he was doing. So, I started hitting the gym and started preparing for my role," he says.

Deva admits it was easier for him to work with Gautham. "He never gets angry, and he gives an actor a lot of freedom to experiment. As a newcomer, I was lucky to work with him," he says.

Deva says that his family and friends are happy with his performance. "They always thought I would do a love story, but never expected me to play a cop! My sister, actress Maheswari, and aunt Sridevi, and her husband Boney Kapoor, praised me for my work. I called up Gautham to thank him for giving me this break," he answers.

Currently, Deva is busy listening to scripts. "I joined Gautham as an assistant to learn about filmmaking. But acting has always been my passion. Gautham might start work on
Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkalam and he's told me he would like to cast me as one of the leads," he signs off.

0 comments

Post a Comment