Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed


Anne Hathaway in a suit and James Franco in drag?

To think that these two actors almost turned down the chance to host the Oscars (apparently, the duo had rejected the offer but their 'chemistry' brought them together).

Well, their chemistry certainly kept the audience entertained at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards, held at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles.

Here's a look at the highlights.

It was a role reversal of sorts as Hathaway wore the pants while Franco was dressed in drag as Marilyn Monroe before welcoming Russell Brand and Helen Mirren on stage, who presented the Best Foreign Language Film prize to In a Better World (Denmark).

'You got to wear a tuxedo,' he joked to Hathaway. 'So I wore this. Weird part is I just got a text message from Charlie Sheen.'

It's not the first time that Franco appeared in drag. He had posed in drag for the cover of Candy magazine last year.

We also got a glimpse of Hathaway's vocal abilities when she performed a musical number alone.

Dressed in a tuxedo, Hathaway belted out a tune to the melody of On My Own from Les Miserables, a jab at Hugh Jackman who she apparently blamed for bailing out on her (Hathway had joined Hugh on stage for the opening number when he hosted the awards in 2008).

'There's a tradition of singing at the Oscars,' she informed the crowd. 'One that I was lucky enough to take part in two years ago. And this year I wanted to do a duet again with a special guest, but he bailed on me at the last minute and I couldn't do it. But I'm not a quitter, so this is the best I could do under the circumstances.'

0 comments

Post a Comment