Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

You can’t think of Ishqiya (2010), the movie written and produced by Vishal Bhardwaj, without thinking of its central character – Krishna.

In what was one her most powerful roles, Vidya Balan played the sultry, sharp-tongued character in printed saris and long tresses. Playing a dominatrix of sorts, Vidya's kiss and intimate scenes with Arshad Warsi became one of the talking points of the movie.

So now, as Madhuri Dixit-Nene prepares to start shooting for the sequel (Dedh Ishqiya) in September, everyone wants to know what her character along with Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah is going to be like.

Madhuri says, “I know there were talks about me being associated with the project even before I gave my nod. But at that time, I was taking things slowly to settle down and help my kids adjust with the new environment.”

“I’m really excited about both my co-stars. They were brilliant in Ishqiya. I loved that film also because of its director Abhishek, who didn’t make it seem like his debut film. And I don’t have enough words to praise Vidya Balan for her awesome performance that took the film to another level,” added Madhuri, who is all praises for Ishqiya’s actors and director Abhishek Chaubey.

If her character is going to be anything like Vidya’s, the question arises whether the 45-year-old mother of two will be comfortable with intimate scenes.

“If I’m convinced that the intimate scenes are essential to the script and I know it will be shot aesthetically, I won’t say no to intimate scenes. Vidya’s scenes were shot so beautifully in Ishqiya. If Dedh Ishqiya absolutely needs something of that sort, I’m game.

I don’t think marriage or motherhood has anything to do with an actor’s work. My kids (Arin and Rayan) and husband (Dr Sriram Nene) know that I’m an artiste. I can’t shy away from anything that a script demands, even if it’s physical intimacy,” reasoned the actor.

Of course, the veteran actor won’t be in unfamiliar territory, having shot for intimate kissing and lovemaking scenes with Vinod Khanna, Sanjay Dutt and Aamir Khan back then. Let all us Madhuri fans go back in time for them steamy scenes later and look at the beautiful Madhuri gyrating for one of the hit songs of the millennium.


0 comments

Post a Comment