Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

She is set to choose her 'life partner' on national television but Ratan Rajput, the star of reality TV show 'Ratan Ka Rishta', is not promising that the story will have a happy ending with a good old wedding.

The 20-year-old who shot to fame playing the protagonist in hit soaps like 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo' and 'Radha Ki Betiyan', said that unlike her predecessor Rahul Mahajan, she does not want to make any claims.

"Rahul announced that he will marry on the show and he did. I hope for the same and I am optimistic and committed to finding a life partner. But I do not want to make any claims because I cannot even predict what is going to happen tomorrow," Ratan told PTI.

The TV star received a total of 54,863 wedding proposals from across the country after the announcement of her 'Swayamvar' on Imagine TV.

After whittling down to 16 prospective grooms, Ratan is now in the process of searching out her Mr Right, but says that any announcement will be premature.

"I cannot plan these things because emotions, not just mine but of 16 other people, are involved and you cannot predict matters of the heart," said the actress.

But Ratan knows exactly what she wants in her to-be-groom.

"I am a practical person and I want both 'pyaar' (love) and 'paisa' (money). That is my P2 formula of finding my groom. I don't want to always work for money so I want a man who can provide for me if the need arises," said Ratan.

And how should her ideal husband look like?

"I am not looking for a good looking man but a man of character. Good looks can be ruined in a minute but the qualities stay. I want a mature and intelligent man and that is on top of my priorities," said Ratan.

The star is shooting for the show which will go on air on May 30 in the luxurious Shiv Vilas resort here.

And though the final decision will be hers, Ratan's parents, a retired civil servant and a homemaker from Bihar, are very involved in the process.

"My parents are camera shy so they will not be seen much on the screen but they are here and very involved in the process. Though all the decisions are mine I take their advice seriously," said Ratan.

When asked whether she will continue her acting career after tying the knot, she replied, "That will be a decision taken jointly by me and my partner. But I do expect that my husband will let me continue with my career because I am here today because of my work."

0 comments

Post a Comment